Special Courses & Events in 2019
In addtion to our regularly scheduled monthly classes, Eagle Rock Gun School and Range is planning Special Courses and Events this year. By clicking on "read more", a course description will pop up on the sceen. If the event does not yet appear in the left hand column, select the Range Calendar for the event date and you can register for that course.
|July 13||Handgun Self Defense I (read more)|
|July 27||NRA Basic Rifle Class (read more)|
|July 28||NRA Basic Rifle Instructor Class (read more)
|August 10||Women-on-Target (read more)
|September 14,15||Project Appleseed (read more)|
|September 28||Tactical Rifle (read more)
The purpose of the class is to teach civilian firearm defense using an AR-15 or similar type rifle. This class is for experienced shooters familiar semi automatic rifles and is NOT a basic class. Students are expected to know how to operate their semi automatic rifle and have their rifles sighted for 50 yards.
The class begins with the fundamental considerations in shooting a rifle and graduates to the essential subjects used for tactical rifle self defense techniques which include:
- Use of a sling
- Recognizing and fixing rifle malfunctions
- Shooting from behind barriers
- Strong and weak side shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting accurate controlled pairs
The length of the class is 8 hours and the number of rounds fired in the range drills is at least 300. All shooting is at human type targets with training in head shots and chest shots.
To fully participate in the drills, the student must bring:
- semi-auto in .223.5.56, .308 or PPC caliber
- 4 high capacity magazines minimum and magazine loader
- single or two point sling with rapid detachment; two point recommended
- rifle made by a reliable manufacturer
- eye and ear protection (electronic type recommended)
- minimum of 300 rounds of factory ammunition
- shooting mat, empty chamber flag, spotting scope (optional)
- handgun (semi auto preferred), holster and minimum 100 round and 3 magazines
- minimum 6 dummy cartidges in the caliber of your rifle
Students will receive a manual along with a course completion certificate.
Handgun Self Defense Clinic
Eagle Rock Gun School and Range is offering a 2 hour shooting drills clinic for beginning and experienced shooters. For those who already attended a concealed weapons class, this is an ideal opportunity to practice their skills. For firearm owners who have not had formal handgun training, this a great introductory class in learning self defense techniques.
Select the course title on the left for addtional course details.
Cost for the class is $25, but by paying online by selecting the class on the left, the cost is $20.
This non-NRA one day course taught by ERGCR fulfills the State's requirement when applying for the Enhanced CWL.
As a commitment to our students, ERGCR exceeds the minimum requirements by including tactical handgun self protection concepts such as:
- how to recognize and fix handgun malfunctions
- properly performing emergency and tactical reloads
- learn the techniques for shooting controlled pairs to assailants center-of-mass
- shoot safetly from cover
- correct method for drawing from a stong side holster
- develop a self protection mindset
- what to say and do when the police show up
This is first in a series of handgun self defense classes is for both beginning and experienced shooters and no previous handgun training is needed. It begins with the fundamental considerations in shooting a handgun and graduates to the essential subjects used for handgun self defense which includes:
- Drawing from a concealed holster
- Fixing handgun malfunctions
- Shooting from behind walls
- Strong and weak hand shooting
- Shooting from retention
- Shooting accurate controlled pairs
This is a non-NRA class offered to those students who want to learn and/or improve their handgun skills. The class is conducted at a shooting range and covers the following topics:
- how to draw safely from a stong side hip holster
- difference between Emergency and Retention reloads
- identifying and correcting handgun malfunctions
- practice the 6 fundamentals of pistol shooting
- center-of-mass chest and head shots
- understanding the concepts of Flashsite Picture and Trigger Reset
- approaching and shooting from around cover
To fully participate in the drills, SRFI recommends the student bring:
- the handgun you wish to shoot in the class (semi-auto or revolver), preferably the one you have chosen for concealed carry
- strong side hip holster that safely secures the handgun
- at least 2 magazines (semi-auto) or 2 speed loaders (revolver), the more the better
- wear a 1 1/4 inch wide sturdy belt that fits through pant belt loops
- hear muffs (electronic type recommended) and eye protection
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- ball cap to protect you from hot brass
- Cold weather? Dress warm and wear gloves that permit you to shoot the gun.