NRA Shotgun Instructor Training Course, 8:00am-6:00pm
Two Prerequisites (as required by the NRA):
NRA Basic Instructor Training Qualification
NRA Basic Shotgun Class
Candidates for shotgun instructor ratings must perform as follows the pre-assessment exercises:
1) Pre-test: 90% or higher
2) Unloading Procedures: The candidate must demonstrate basic safe handling and unloading procedures for the Shotgun specified.
The purpose of this course is to develop NRA Instructor Candidates who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course. This course is eleven (11) hours long, and presents the following topics:
1. Introduction to the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Lesson Plans
2. How to teach shotgun knowledge and safe gun handling
3. How to teach ammunition knowledge and the fundamentals of shotgun shooting
4. Describes the basic shotgun instructional methodology
5. How to evaluate and improve the performance of beginning shotgun shooters
6. How to present shotgun sports and other handgun activities
A written examination with a score of 90% or greater is required to be certified as an instructor. Students will receive the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, NRA Basics of Shotgun Shooting student handbook, NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Completion Certificate, NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Student Examination/Evaluation, NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet, Basic Rocker Handout, Basic Rocker, NRA Gun Safety Rules, NRA Basic Firearm Training Program NRA Shotgun Instructor Application/Examination.
Upon processing your credit card payment, you will receive a confirmation of enrollment from Eagle Rock Gun School and Range. However, if you prefer to pay by mail, please complete this application form by clicking here and mail it to the address on the form with payment at least 2 weeks in advance of the class date.
|Event Date||09-24-2019 8:00 am|
|Location||Cedar Hills Gun Club|