Handgun Self Defense Clinic
Eagle Rock Gun School and Range is offering a 2 hour shooting drills clinic for beginning and experienced shooters. For those who already attended a concealed weapons class, this is an ideal opportunity to practice their skills. For firearm owners who have not had formal handgun training, this a great introductory class in learning self defense techniques.
Select the course title on the left for addtional course details.
Cost for the class is $25, but by paying online by selecting the class on the left, the cost is $20.
This is first in a series of handgun self defense classes is for both beginning and experienced shootes and no previous handgun training is needed. It begins with the fundamental considerations in shooting a handgun and graduates to the essential subjects used for handgun self defense which includes:
- Drawing from a concealed holster
- Fixing handgun malfunctions
- Shooting from behind walls
- Strong and weak hand shooting
- Shooting from retention
- Shooting accurate controlled pairs
This is a non-NRA class offered to those students who want to learn and/or improve their handgun skills. The class is conducted at a shooting range and covers the following topics:
- how to draw safely from a stong side hip holster
- difference between Emergency and Retention reloads
- identifying and correcting handgun malfunctions
- practice the 6 fundamentals of pistol shooting
- center-of-mass chest and head shots
- understanding the concepts of Flashsite Picture and Trigger Reset
- approaching and shooting from around cover
To fully participate in the drills, SRFI recommends the student bring:
- the handgun you wish to shoot in the class (semi-auto or revolver), preferably the one you have chosen for concealed carry
- strong side hip holster that safely secures the handgun
- at least 2 magazines (semi-auto) or 2 speed loaders (revolver), the more the better
- wear a 1 1/4 inch wide sturdy belt that fits through pant belt loops
- hear muffs (electronic type recommended) and eye protection
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- ball cap to protect you from hot brass
- Cold weather? Dress warm and wear gloves that permit you to shoot the gun.
This non-NRA one day course taught by ERGCR fulfills the State's requirement when applying for the Enhanced CWL.
As a commitment to our students, ERGCR exceeds the minimum requirements by including tactical handgun self protection concepts such as:
- how to recognize and fix handgun malfunctions
- properly performing emergency and tactical reloads
- learn the techniques for shooting controlled pairs to assailants center-of-mass
- shoot safetly from cover
- correct method for drawing from a stong side holster
- develop a self protection mindset
- what to say and do when the police show up