Eagle Rock Gun School and Range Will Open on Fridays and Saturdays Beginning April 2nd
Don't let Ammunition Shortage Keep You from Registering for any of our 8 Hour Pistol Classes?
Eagle Rock Gun School and Range has 9mm ammunition available for purchase if you register for the Enhanced Concealed Weapons License class or Comprehensive Handgun Self Defense class.
Call (208) 520 4563 for availability and pricing.
Please Support Our Advertisers
Eagle Rock Gun School and Range is offering a 2 hour shooting drills clinic for beginning and experienced shooters. For those who already attended a concealed weapons class, this is an ideal opportunity to practice their skills. For firearm owners who have not had formal handgun training, this a great introductory class in learning self defense techniques.
Select the course title on the left for addtional course details.
Cost for the class is $20.
SHOTGUN HOME DEFENSE CLASS DESCRIPTION
This is an eight hour class with a classroom Power Point presentation covering the following:
1. Shotgun Safety
2. Selecting a Shotgun for Self Defense
3. Shotgun Ammunition
4. Shotgun Shooting Fundamentals
5. Shotgun Self Defense Inside and Outside The Home
DRY PRACTICE DRILLS –
1. Shotgun loading – Emergency, Tactical, Slug swap
2. Standing position followed by kneeling and sitting positions
3. Malfunction Clearances
4. Sling carry methods
LIVE FIRE DRILLS –
1. Standing firing drill – various distances
2. Kneeling firing drill various distances
3. Multiple targets drill (standing)
4. High and low cover drill
5. Sight picture and snap shots drill
In summary, this is a comprehensive home self defense shotgun class with tactical self defense shotgun shooting drills. The class is 8 hours and the number of rounds will be 200 to 300. Refer to the website location for the requirements for this class.
The purpose of the class is to teach civilian firearm defense using an AR-15 or similar type rifle. This class is for experienced shooters familiar semi automatic rifles and is NOT a basic class. Students are expected to know how to operate their semi automatic rifle and have their rifles sighted for 50 yards.
The class begins with the fundamental considerations in shooting a rifle and graduates to the essential subjects used for tactical rifle self defense techniques which include:
- Use of a sling
- Recognizing and fixing rifle malfunctions
- Shooting from behind barriers
- Strong and weak side shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting accurate controlled pairs
This is a 2 day class where the student will shoot about 500 rounds. All shooting is at human type targets with training in head shots and chest shots.
To fully participate in the drills, the student must bring:
- semi-auto in .223.5.56, .308 or PPC caliber
- 4 high capacity magazines minimum and magazine loader
- single or two point sling with rapid detachment; two point recommended
- rifle made by a reliable manufacturer
- eye and ear protection (electronic type recommended)
- minimum of 500 rounds of factory ammunition
- shooting mat, empty chamber flag, spotting scope (optional)
- handgun (semi auto preferred), holster and minimum 100 round and 3 magazines
- minimum 6 dummy cartidges in the caliber of your rifle
Students will receive a manual along with a course completion certificate.
ADVANCED HANDGUN SELF DEFENSE COURSE DESCRIPTION
This class is designed to further develop the student’s skills to the next level in advanced training subjects following the presentations given in Handgun I Self Defense. The length of the class is 8 hours and will require 300 to 400 rounds to complete the class. Because of the rapid shooting and multiple targets shooting drills, students need to bring adequate numbers of magazines and speed loaders to the class. The class will begin with review of shooting basics such as shooting fundamentals, malfunction clearances, and reloads.
Subjects taught will include the following:
- Shooting from a chair,
- Pivoting and shooting (left and right 180 degrees), standing and kneeling,
- Prone shooting, as cover and long distance encounters,
- Timed holster draws using flash sight picture and reset,
- Tueller Drill,
- Forward and backward shooting, and
- VTAC barrier shooting High, Low with lateral forward and diagonal movement encountering multiple targets.
Everything presented is essential to winning a gun fight. (Note, as in all our classes, students who are unable to kneel or go prone will not be required to do so.)
This is first in a series of handgun self defense classes is for both beginning and experienced shooters and no previous handgun training is needed. It begins with the fundamental considerations in shooting a handgun and graduates to the essential subjects used for handgun self defense which includes:
- Drawing from a concealed holster
- Fixing handgun malfunctions
- Shooting from behind walls
- Strong and weak hand shooting
- Shooting from retention
- Shooting accurate controlled pairs