ADVANCED HANDGUN SELF DEFENSE COURSE DESCRIPTION
This class is designed to further develop the student’s skills to the next level in advanced training subjects following the presentations given in Handgun I Self Defense. The length of the class is 8 hours and will require 300 to 400 rounds to complete the class. Because of the rapid shooting and multiple targets shooting drills, students need to bring adequate numbers of magazines and speed loaders to the class. The class will begin with review of shooting basics such as shooting fundamentals, malfunction clearances, and reloads.
Subjects taught will include the following:
- Shooting from a chair,
- Pivoting and shooting (left and right 180 degrees), standing and kneeling,
- Prone shooting, as cover and long distance encounters,
- Timed holster draws using flash sight picture and reset,
- Tueller Drill,
- Forward and backward shooting, and
- VTAC barrier shooting High, Low with lateral forward and diagonal movement encountering multiple targets.
Everything presented is essential to winning a gun fight. (Note, as in all our classes, students who are unable to kneel or go prone will not be required to do so.)