This non-NRA one day course taught by ERGCR fulfills the State's requirement when applying for the Enhanced CWL.
As a commitment to our students, ERGCR exceeds the minimum requirements by including tactical handgun self protection concepts such as:
- how to recognize and fix handgun malfunctions
- properly performing emergency and tactical reloads
- learn the techniques for shooting controlled pairs to assailants center-of-mass
- shoot safetly from cover
- correct method for drawing from a stong side holster
- develop a self protection mindset
- what to say and do when the police show up
Our classroom PowerPoint presentation is 6 hours in duration and an additional 2 hour shooting range time has the student participate in several firearm exercises from varying distances.
To fully participate in the drills, ERGCR recommends the student bring:
- the handgun you wish to shoot in the class (semi-auto or revolver), preferably the one you have chosen for concealed carry
- strong side hip holster that safely secures the handgun
- at least 2 magazines (semi-auto) or 2 speed loaders (revolver), the more the better
- wear a 1 1/4 inch wide sturdy belt that fits through pant belt loops
- hear muffs (electronic type recommended) and eye protection
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- ball cap to protect you from hot brass
- Cold weather? Dress warm and wear gloves that permit you to shoot the gun.
Students will receive a 55 page course manual along with a course completion certificate and a CWL application form.